CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Memories

Friday, November 14, 2008

This Time Without You...

As the holidays come closer, dad, a stronger void is continuing to grow. To be happy right now, in a time that was one of your favorites through out the year, seems almost an impossible task. My head is filled with memories of you from past Thanksgiving's and Christmas'.
Who will say the prayer at our big family dinner now, or spoil Braxton and Peyton, getting them anything and everything that they want for Christmas? Who will make us laugh by trying to figure out how the electronic gifts work? Who will video tape us opening presents, but not really capture anything in the video? Who will we make fun of on Christmas morning because of the robe they are wearing, showing off their bright white legs? Who will fall back asleep as soon as everything is opened? Who will we share these moments with?
No one.
Our holidays, from now until forever, will always have someone missing. No one can replace the space in our hearts that we have saved for you, dad.
You mean the world to us.
I miss you more then I could have ever imagined missing anyone in my life.
I know you will be with us for every holiday memory we make this year without you. But, it will never be the same without you really here.
I love you, dad, with all my heart.
Love, ABBY

0 comments: