CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Memories

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Still missing him

It has almost been two months since he has been gone, but it feels like forever. I set up this blog for anyone who would like to post memories or any thoughts. I have many great memories from this guy. He was like a father to me. I can't even count how many times he spent hours working on my cars for me late into the night. Or everytime I got a tire blowout Scott was at my rescue. He did so much for our family I couldn't thank him enough. One of my favorite memories was when Brandon and I had been dating for about a year, and they were working together. One of the guys on the crew wanted to set Brandon up with one of his friends. Scott said," I'll kick his ass, he has a girlfriend, and she's like a daughter to me." At the beginning I could never tell if he liked me or not. He always looked so mean. But when you got to know him he is one of the funniest guys ever and had such a sarcastic personality. He always made sure that the boys and I had everything we needed. The boys adored him. Sometimes I think they liked him better than me. Grandpa was the coolest. He took Braxton to his first movie ever. It was Chicken Little, and Braxton talked about it forever. After that movie him and grandpa were always singing "we are the champions of the world" at the top of their lungs. He taught them so many songs. I think almost everytime I saw him he was singing some kind of song. Half of them I thought he had made up. The day after he passed away Braxton kept asking why everyone was so sad, so we sat the boys on Brandon's lap and told them that Grandpa went to heaven. Peyton laid his head down on Brandon's chest and Braxton started crying. Then he asked what happened and we told him it was just his time to go. He cried for a couple minutes and then he said, "we did a lot of fun things together." How cute is that? Later Grandma told the boys that Grandpa will always be in their hearts though. And Peyton said, " but when he's in my belly I get a bellyache." Later that night Braxton was looking up at the stars and pointed and said, "is that one Grandpa?" It must be difficult for a child to understand the concept of death when I myself don't even understand. He will greatly be missed by these little guys who talk about him everyday. I hope they can always remember him and I can't wait until the day we get to see him again.

Come Grandpa walk with me, help me be the best kid I can be. Take me here and take me there, show me now how much you care. The many hours we share together, will be the times I'll always remember.

This is a song that Scott taught the boys. The quality is not the best because it's from my phone.

0 comments: